help Leafnode again

Thanks to Frank and Dave for setting me straight on the
/etc/host.allow entries, I thought I had Leafnode working properly.  I
was using leafnode version 1.4-10 and have now upgraded to version
1.6.2-2.

I can access leafnode from netscape on the workstation, but it can't
find the group information file.  I ran "fetch -v" and it went out to
the upstream server and requested the active list but it did nothing
with it as far as I could tell.  Per the system log it is looking for
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo which wasn't there so I did a
touch as user news to create it, still with no joy at getting the
active groups.  Fetch and leafnode can't open
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo and netscape still indicates that
the group information file doesn't exist.

Suggestions please.

TIA

John C. Ellingboe
begin:          vcard
fn:             John Ellingboe
n:              Ellingboe;John
org:            The Guntersville Conputer Center
email;internet: john@guntersville.net
title:          Owner
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE