Re: apt-get debian-cd installs openoffice.org!!

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:28:31AM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:29:09PM -0500, xucaen wrote:
> >
> > wow.. ok.. i hadn't thought of that.. so umm.. I could move all my stuff
> > over to the new drive and...  edit /etc/fstab to mount..?
> > is there anything else I would have to change?
>
> mount /dev/newdrive /mnt/foo
> tar cC /bar/baz . | tar xC /mnt/foo
> mv /bar/baz{,.BACKUP}
> mkdir /bar/baz
> umount /dev/newdrive
> mount /dev/newdrive /bar/baz
>
> AFA the apps are concerned, nothing has changed.

sorry for all the questions...  if I were going to move lets say /usr and /home to the new drive
I would have to create two partitions and follow the steps above for each?

here's a question for you..  what directories tend to take up the most space?
I know /var/cache/apt/archives tends to get pretty big, and probably /bin,
/usr.. i'm thinking I would need a partition for each.. how do I know how much space to
allot to each? if I make it too little I could be faced with re-partitioning
the drive..

oy!

jim