Re: apt-get debian-cd installs openoffice.org!!

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:03:37PM -0500, xucaen wrote:
> I added a new hard drive but I can't use the drive until I install debian on it.

Hi, xucaen.

You don't have to reinstall the whole system just to add some disk
capacity.  Use lvm, or simply tar c | tar x a whole tree, or copy around
-> resize a partition, whatever.

> to do that I think I need to create a custom install CD.

I don't think you'd need a custom CD, anyway.

[...]
> How do I stop apt-get from trying to install openoffice?

Download the .debs, and use dpkg proper.  There might be a better way,
however.

HTH.

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9