Re: Debian-installer hangs at ide-floppy detect on Dell laptop

On 23 Feb 2004, Ian Neubert <ian@neubinet.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded beta 2 of the debian-installer from
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/beta2/sarge-i386-neti
> nst.iso (from: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/).
>
> I tried to load it up on my laptop and it consistently hangs at 'Detecting
> hardware / 95% / Skipping unavailable module 'ide-floppy' for 'Linux IDE
> floppy'.
>
> Is this a known bug? Anyone else have this problem? I'm not quite sure how
> to file a bug report on it. Is there no web-based Bugzilla-like interface to
> submit a bug?

I have a Dell D400 and had exactly the same problem. One of the daily
builds back in January solved it for me, though. Have you already
tried the latest build?

--
Philipp Weis          pweis@pweis.com
Freiburg, Germany     http://pweis.com/