Re: X in Sid

Curtis Howland wrote:

Hi. Sorry, I'm going to have fun with this one.
Lynx is saying that Yahoo's "attach files" option is
malformed, so I cannot attach the file. I also don't
have copy and paste.
apt-get install gpm
Then you'll have a console-based mouse that will do cut&paste for you (but remember to set it to repeat "raw" and change your mouse setting in XF86Config-4 to /dev/gpmdata, or the console mouse and the X mouse will fight over the mouse data).

So I have created a single file web server:
http://68.101.3.223:8080/
that has one file, and indexing turned on. Let me know
if you have any problems getting the file.
Curt-
Nothing obvious in your logfile. As someone else posted earlier today, it might not be X you're having a problem with, but rather whatever wm/de you're using. Try creating a ~/.xinitrc file with the single line:
   icewm
(or "twm", or any other simple window manager) (and make sure to "apt-get install icewm" if necessary") and then try starting X. If X starts up then, you know the problem is not with X, but with your normal desktop environment/window manager.

--
Kent