Re: tar and excluding a directory (solved)

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> I think what you're looking for is "--exclude==PATTERN" which excludes
> files (remember that, in UN*X, everything's a file, including directories)
> which match the pattern.  I always substitute 'v' for 'c' the first time I
> run a tar command, to make sure it's going to do what I expect!

Hi,

thanx for the help - it did solve my problem/answer my question. I tried the
exclude option befor but it failed somehow so I thought only "files" can be
excluded. But you are right with "in UN*X, everything's a file, including
directories".

So thanx again

Oliver
--