vim and emacs together

Hello all,
	I'm looking at an editor which would have the ease of use of VIM right on top of EMACS. I hate the way cursor movement is implemented under EMACS ( or should I say that I like the way cusros movement is implemented under VIM ). But I'm eager and willing to use a EMACS environment so as to take privilage of it's decades long plugins. I want GNUS under Emacs but I want the movement (or better the mode management), the VI way. I had a look at "vimacs" but didn't find it to be my piece of cake. Is there are solution for it ?

rrs