Postfix again

I was getting an error about having no FQDN set up so I setup a fake
domain which doesn't exist. Now I get another error when trying to send
mail to anothe user on this local computer, or even to some email address
on the net:

postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or
directory

I've configured postfix to relay mail to another smarthost. Do I really
need to have a dns server for postfix to work? Because a fake domain
lookup will always fail and postfix would never seem to work it seems,
like this.

How do I make postfix work now?

Regards,
Deboo