Re: DVD copying and CSS

Vineet Kumar writes:
> This way if anything gets scratched, stolen, melted on the dash, etc.,
> I'm only out the cost of CDRs.

But the publisher has lost the sale of a replacement CD, which is why they
don't want you to do it (of course, if the CD only cost a buck or two you
probably wouldn't).

> Why wouldn't someone with a portable DVD player want to use the same
> method?  Why shouldn't she be allowed to?

Why does copyright exist?

I'm not sure copyright should exist, but I think those of you who think it
should and yet want to carve out special exceptions for your own
convenience are being hypocritical.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org