Re: DVD copying and CSS

Nano Nano wrote:

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:19:46PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
[snip]
movies on our computers.  If they make it illegal for us to watch them,
why would we buy them?  It just doesn't add up.  ...But it probably does
add up for Congress.  Of course, in that case, what's adding up is the
Hollywood lobbyists' "donations" in their pockets...

Well, crap, I'll be the first one to come out and admit that I pirate stuff. If I want it, I'll do it. Just like if I want to smoke pot, I do it (although I haven't touched it period in 6 years, except for 2 trips to Amsterdam and at two concerts). Similarly, with piracy, if I want to do it, I do it -- but I don't do it wholesale, I don't make money off it, I don't encourage any 13 year olds to do it (cough Napster cough).

I'm a grown adult who in various small ways makes a conscious choice to violate certain laws, in a non-harmful way. This occurs at many levels in society (5 miles over the speed limit). The distinction is: DO YOU HARM ANYBODY.

Dig?

not until the following occurs......

current driving advert in the uk, suggests that travelling 5mph over the 30mph limit, moves your stopping point about 20ft on, and the kid doesn't bounce very well.

stephen