Re: Multi-head (non-Xinerama) window managers

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2004.02.02.1238 +0100]:
> > That sounds very similar to the setup I have here.  I am using
> > Fluxbox as my WM.  It's rather lightweight but has support for
> > Gnome/KDE/Windowmaker applets, which is nice.
>
> I checked it out briefly and was surprised that it even reads the
> WindowMaker configuration files -- at least my three desktops were
> present, but since I had wmaker running before that, maybe that's
> why.

Wait, that was flwm, not fluxbox. I could not use fluxbox because it
would not start:

Doing the following from a terminal in either screen 0 or screen
1 -- with no window manager running on screen 1:

  diamond:~> fluxbox --display :0.1
  led to read: session.tabs
  Setting default value
  [...]
  Failed to load groupfile:
  BScreen::BScreen: an error occured while querying the X server.
          another window manager already running on display :0.1.
  Fluxbox::Fluxbox: no managable screens found, aborting.
  Fluxbox: Unknown error.

  diamond:~> fluxbox -version
  Fluxbox 0.1.14 : (c) 2001-2002 Henrik Kinnunen

Any clue what this is all about?

Thanks,

`. `'`