Filtering emails in ~/Maildir

I've jsut setup a Debian unstable box as an email server. It uses
fetchmail to pull emails from several different pop3 accounts, which
passes the emails to exim4, which dumps them in ~/Maildir
I then pick up the emails using courier-imap server and an imap client.

What i want to do now is filter the emails in the maildir into different
folders.
For instance:
i want anything from debian-user@lists.debian.org to go into
inbox/debian-user
anything from my local LUG, to go in the inbox/lug folder, and so on.

whats the best way of doing this? i've been trawling the net for over an
hour, and i'm now more confused than i was to start with.

Any help would be appreciated

Ian