Re: dial-up to ethernet

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:18:12PM -0500, mmissett wrote:
> Apologies first if this if a very basic and/or stupid
> question, but I have not managed to find
> anything about it in the archives and
> documentation that seems to be working.
>   I am running potato on a powerpc (Mac G4)
> and have just changed the computer from
> dial-up to cable internet.  The connection to
> cable is via an ethernet wireless bridge.  As far
> as I can judge, that connection *seems* to be
> up and running properly, but I don't seem to be
> able to access the internet over it.
>   I have the feeling that I'm missing something
> really basic here, but I can't seem to figure out
> what it is.
>   Any assistance would be *most* appreciated.
>
> Mike
Hi Mike,
Welcome to debian-users! Most issues are not processor specific, so this
means that on most accounts, us x86 folks can chime in with our helpful
info.

here is some info for us that would be helpful:
cat /etc/network/interfaces
/sbin/route
/sbin/ifconfig
(run these 2 before PPP connection and after)
and any relevent info info
/var/log/dmesg
and
/var/log/messages