Re: Mailman problems

Andy declaimed:
> > > I am running a server using woody with Exim as MTA and am having
> > > troubles getting mailman to function.  The web interface works and
> > snip
> > > What else is needed or is something broken here?
> >
> > When I had problems getting Mailman to go on Debian, I ended up
> > switching from Exim to Qmail, after which things went beautifully. I
> > never did solve the Exim problems, and both the Exim>Qmail upgrade and
> > the Mailman setup went quickly.
>
> Can anyone else comment about Mailman working with an Exim MTA?
>
> I am about to install a Debian system for a customer to act as a file/print
> server but also to run Mailman to blast out newsletters to a mailing list of
> over 5,000 people.  Does it matter which I use.......Exim or Qmail?

It shouldn't. Reading my post I feel embarassed that it's so unhelpful.
The reason that I didn't persist with Exim was that that I was modeling
the new system on one that had used Qmail and the person I was working
for was more comfortable with it.

If you can't get it going and want to try Qmail, it's very safe: Qmail
is set up so that you can install and test it before switching from your
old MTA.

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney