Re: cdrecord and BIG DISKS - Might help someone

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 02:45:56AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 23:30, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 10:43:35PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Where did you get 900MiB CD-Rs?
> >
> > Buy them in a store. ^_^  You can get 90 minute and 99 minute discs now.
>
> Silly comments from the Peanut Gallery are *not* appreciated this late
> at night...

I got them from a stall at a computer fair. The brand is "Infiniti"
and "www.medeainternational.com" appears on the label. There are
plenty of other choices. These cost 10 pounds for 25 disks. I'd have
preferred 90s but they only had 99s. They seem to be OK in a Cyber
CW088D CD writer.

> > The 90's usually work in most drives that you can get to do overburn, but
> > the 99's are VERY twitchy because not only do they use the run-out area,
> > but the spiral is tighter.
>
> Then I think I'll stick w/ disks that follow the standards.  That's
> what Linux is all about, anyway, right?
>
> Besides, when I have more than 700MB to burn, I use That Which One Is
> Supposed To Use In This Situation: split(1)!

Hmm.

Dear Messrs Gilmour, Waters, Mason and Wright,
Please could you re-record "The Wall" at an average tempo 1.5% faster
than the original so I can get it all on one CD without breaking the
standards.
Thanks, Pigeon.

Dear Pigeon,
Sorry, Roger is no longer with us. He's split(1).
PF

Pigeon