Re: nvidia drivers

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:19:02PM +0200, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
> If you changed the kernel you need to remake and install the drivers
> again. The commercial driver has never failed me. I would never concider
> using the free ones. Opengl support is much much better with the
> commercial ones.

Well, actually, OpenGL isn't supported by the free ones at all.  Not
hardware accelerated GL anyhow.

OT: What is up with NVidia's drivers?  They seem to enjoy bringing my
machine down every few hours, especially if I actually make use of the
hardware accleration.  Not only do they lock up my machine, but they
also seem to cause spontaneous reboots!  I've spent ages trying to find
what exactly was causing the problem, but no luck so far...

Does anyone have any unstable->smooth running success stories/tips?

-rob