Re: Fwd: Your site listed

Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
[cc'ed according to mail-followup-to request]
>On 28 Jul 2001, Joost Kooij wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 09:35:07AM -0500, d wrote:
>> > HEY, people what is this CARP?

Hmm, seems like the SHOUTING meant a couple of letters were transposed
there. :)

>> It's called "spam".

[...]

>You think this is bad? I'm getting a message every 2 days or so with a
>200K+ attachment in base 64 (which I can't read). It says something
>like:
>
>	"Hi. How are you? I'm sending this file for your comments.
>	Thanks.
>	See you later."

That's the SirCam virus, which causes its victims to unknowingly send
mail to addresses harvested from their web cache. Not much you can do
about it, AFAIK. See e.g.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/20503.html.

>Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone).

It's normally written "Debian GNU/Linux", by the way ...

Cheers,