Re: Unimportant lilo query

On 24 Jul 2001, at 14:02, Hereward Cooper wrote:

> that worked.
> Any ideas what that does?

Hey again:
I looked on the internet and found this:
{HYPERLINK "/Linux/App/46/data.html"}LILO 21.7.4 Beta

({HYPERLINK "mailto:jdrowell@appwatch.com"}John D. Rowell) 20010411 21:55 GMT

Changes: Boot Installer: Issue a warning when CHANGE AUTOMATIC is to be inserted. Fixed: Boot Installer: The DAC960 partition mask; Boot Loader: A password timeout security hole which allowed booting without entering a password.

Its found at:

http://www.appwatch.com/Linux/App/46/B/1/history.html

I really don't know, but my guess is they previously inserted

change automatic without the warning, and someone complained

that they wanted a warning before anyone messes with their

computer.

The above url has an email address who would better be able to

answer the why. (jdrowell@appwatch.com)

I did notice it was started with lilo 21.7.4

hth Dean