Re: GMC working under Gnome?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:54:16 -0400
Chun Kit Edwin Lau <lauedwin@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Just wondering if anyone get GMC working under Gnome in unstable.  I
> tried to start it but it gives me the following warning and then quit
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
>

> Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

<snip error messages>
> Anyone knows what's happening? And also, I noticed that the Missing
> charsets in FontSet creation error happen very often.  Any hints on how
> to fix it?

Funny that you should mention it. I *have* seen behaviour like this
before, but the other way around. I have been trying to get my system to
talk dutch to my flatmate (she has an account of her own), and I ran into
the problem that dutch was defined as nl_NL.ISO-8859-1 in
/etc/locale.alias, but as nl_NL.ISO8859-1 in
/usr/X11/lib/locale/locale.alias (note the missing dash). Fooling around
with those config files is slowly bringing me nearer to a dutch system
here, so maybe your gmc failing is related?

Mart