Re: installing KDE

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:41:57PM +0100, Nik Makepeace wrote:
> At 15:04 21/06/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >I have a friend who wants to install KDE.  Other than getting all the
> >packages from kde.org manually is there anything to "apt-get install" ?
> >I can't find any packages for kde...
>
>  From my own experience, make sure you are running woody, Xfree4, and then
> put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb
> http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/
> stable main
>
> apt-get update; apt-get install task-kde

i'm on potato -- and my sources.list includes

	deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu stable main crypto optional qt1apps
	deb http://ftp.sourceForge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb stable main

and that's all i needed...

$ cat /etc/debian_version
2.2
$ dpkg -l \*kde\*
un  kde-designer   <none>         (no description available)
un  kde-i18n       <none>         (no description available)
rc  kdeadmin       1.1.2-final-1  tools for adminstration written for KDE
ii  kdebase        2.1.1.0-0.pota KDE core applications
un  kdebase-audiol <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdebase-crypto 2.1.1-0.potato KDE core applications (Crypto modules)
un  kdebase-cvs    <none>         (no description available)
un  kdebase-dev    <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdebase-doc    2.1.1.0-0.pota Documentation for Applications in kdebase
ii  kdebase-libs   2.1.1.0-0.pota KDE libraries amd modules for kdebase
ii  kdegames       1.1.2-20000425 KDE games collection
un  kdegraphics    <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdelibs2g      1.1.2-final-1  KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdelibs3       2.1.2-0.potato KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdelibs3-crypt 2.1.1.0-0.pota KDE core libraries (Crypto Modules)
un  kdenetwork     <none>         (no description available)
un  kdenetwork-dev <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdepasswd      2.1.1-0.potato A Password changer frontend for KDE
un  kdepim         <none>         (no description available)
un  kdepim-common  <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdepim-libs    2.1.1-0.potato KDE libraries amd modules for kdepim
un  kdestudio      <none>         (no description available)
ii  kdesupport0g   1.1.2-final-1  mime, uuencode and QwSpriteField library - r
un  kdesupport1g   <none>         (no description available)
rc  kdetoys        1.1.2-20000425 some toys for the KDE
rc  kdeutils       1.1.2-20000330 collection of useful kde utilities
ii  kdewallpapers  2.1.1.0-0.pota Some wallpapers for KDE
ii  task-kde       2.1.15         The K Desktop Environment
un  task-kde-games <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdeadmin  <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdegraphi <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdenetwor <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdepim    <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdetoys   <none>         (no description available)
un  task-kdeutils  <none>         (no description available)
un  wmaker-kde     <none>         (no description available)

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #12 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: