Re: installing KDE

At 15:04 21/06/2001 -0600, you wrote:

I have a friend who wants to install KDE.  Other than getting all the
packages from kde.org manually is there anything to "apt-get install" ?
I can't find any packages for kde...

From my own experience, make sure you are running woody, Xfree4, and then put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/ stable main

apt-get update; apt-get install task-kde

I hope you don't have any problems, because it worked first time for me. The tricky thing was getting Xfree4 to work properly, but now it does there is gorgeous antialiased text all over the place. Mmmmm.

Nik