Re: help (fwd)

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 06:24:44PM -0600, dude wrote:

> nv.c:49: linux/modversions.h: no such file or directory
> make: *** [nv.o] Error 1

I don't know what conversation this is supposed to be part of, but it
looks to me like you're trying to compile a kernel module without the
kernel headers?

If you're using a pre-built kernel-image deb, then install the
kernel-headers package, and make /usr/src/linux a symlink to the
directory the kernel-headers are installed in.

If you're using a kernel you compiled yourself, and still have the
source tree somewhere, make a /usr/src/linux symlink to it.

--
Tom
"Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask