I can burn CDs, but can't mount any CDs.

As per the instructions of the CD-Writing HOWTO, I disabled IDE/ATAPI
CD-ROM support from my kernel, and instead selected SCSI emulation
support in the kernel, and a few other related options which I can't
remember offhand.

I have no problems burning CDs, its just that now I can't mount any CDs
- data or audio.

Whenever I try with data CDs that I could previously mount without any
problems, I now get the following message (as root):

@viper:[/home/ssahmed] mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
Exit 32

/dev/cdrom is the correct symlink to my CD-ROM device (not CD-RW), and
this was all working before I changed the kernel to be able to burn CDs.

What is the best way of configuring the kernel so I can use both my
CD-ROM (Creative 52X IDE/ATAPI) and CD-RW (Yamaha CRW2100E IDE/ATAPI) ?

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com