Re: Problem with the "updmap scheme" when a font package is in an "inconsistent state"

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Well, I don't think it matters much. What matters more IMHO is:
>   - more complex than the .dpkg-new check;
>   - cannot be easily extended to update-language and update-fmtutil.
>
> So, while your idea is interesting, my preference still goes to the
> .dpkg-new check.

You are right.  I don't like relying too much on details of dpkg
implementation, therefore I was looking for something else.  However,
naming files dpkg-new is probably not going to change; I guess more
things depend on that.  Not being able to extend this to the other
update- scripts is really a strong argument, so let's check for
dpkg-new.

Debian Developer (teTeX)