Re: again X11 font location changes of .scale file

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Right. I'll upload 0.99.3-4 soon with the path reverted and the code to
> remove /etc/X11/fonts/X11R7/Type1/lmodern.scale.

Done. In fact, I noticed there was already a config_move() function in
the preinst script that takes care of user modifications to the conffile
in the old location, so I used this function. I expanded it a bit
because it tried to remove the directory containing the old conffile,
but I think we should do that only when we are "obviously" the only
package shipping that directory (that was the case for
/etc/texmf/map/dvips/lm/). So, I introduced an argument to indicate the
mode of operation:
  - "remove_dir" -> old behavior, where the function tries to remove the
    directory containing the old conffile;
  - "keep_dir" -> don't do anything with that directory.

Lintian outputs a warning:

W: lmodern: maintainer-script-needs-depends-on-ucf preinst

but it's a false positive: we call ucf (in a safe way) only to make sure
everything is purged from experimental versions that used it. We may
want to add an override for this one...

--
Florent