RFS latex-cjk (was: Latex and utf8)

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Don, 23 Mär 2006, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > Sorry, I have no idea.  I will write an RFS to Debian Mentors when I get
>
> What about asking first here? I guess one of the DD here on the list can
> do this for you. And I would do it now.
>
> SO HIII OUT THERE DD: Can one of you sponsor Danai's packages?
>
> ;-)))

Heh, thanks for the fanmail.  ;D

So yes, I'm looking for a sponsor who can help me to get latex-cjk and
all related packages uploaded to Debian unstable in the very near
future.

Here's the entry of the main package "latex-cjk" in debian/control:

 CJK is a macro package for LaTeX to enable typesetting in Chinese,
 Japanese, Korean and Thai, and it supports Vietnamese through the
 "vntex" macro.  And you can still  use Russian, Greek and other
 languages in the same document.
 It supports various CJK encodings, like UTF-8, Big5, GB, JIS, KS, CNS
 (through CEF) and Emacs MULE.
 .
 This package will install the most basic files, as well as a few
 GNU/Emacs Lisp files, and it provides support for furigana ("ruby text")
 and PinYin, either with or without tones.
 .
 Original packager: Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
 Main Author: Werner Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>

Main highlights of the improvements over the original cjk-latex
package:
 - a much more recent upstream version
 - has all necessary Chinese and Japanese fonts; Unicode Korean and
   HBF fonts aren't packaged yet
 - works "out of the box": the example files will compile cleanly
 - divided into several subpackages (-chinese, -japanese, -korean and
   thai)
 - installation of Lisp files
 - works with either TeXlive or teTeX3; adheres to TDS1.1
 - a bunch of Debian bugs can be closed
 - uses dpatch

You can fetch the packages here:
  deb(-src) http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/

I will be gone from Sunday to Friday, but I hope to be able to hop
into a cybercafé and get my daily dose of emails.

Thank you for your interest.

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--