Re: (te)TeX recent changes

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:06:20AM +0100, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> '-Poutline'. But since dvips uses outline fonts by default, this file

I do not remember why I use the config.outline file but I think it is because
at a certain time dvips did not use outline fonts by defaut and that was the
only solution I found at that time to force it doing so. But well I may be
wrong.

> Could you provide a *minimal* example file (shouldn't be longer than a
> few lines) with which you get Type 3 fonts, even though you have
> cm-super installed? That would help finding the reason for this.

Here it is (a note for Norbert : you may forget my previous mail this one is
largely shorter and more helpful :-).

It was not easy to find this minimal example but it is a very surprising
one. I am not sure if it is the only one not working but at least this one
produce the problem I described.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[francais]{babel}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{type1ec}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

latex minimal.tex ; dvips minimal -o ; ps2pdf minimal.ps && xpdf minimal.pdf

produces

Error: Bad bounding box in Type 3 glyph

I can reproduce exactly the same behavior with an even more simple file :

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

Dr Bruno Beaufils

bruno.beaufils@lifl.fr - http://www.lifl.fr/~beaufils
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
LIFL - UMR CNRS/USTL 8022 - Tel +33 3 20 43 45 04 - Fax +33 3 28 77 85 37
IUT "A" - Dpt Informatique - Tel +33 3 20 43 49 53 - Fax +33 3 20 43 41 73
CNRS CA : http://igc.services.cnrs.fr/CNRS-Standard/recherche.html
CRU CA : http://igc.cru.fr/cgi-bin/viewca