(te)TeX recent changes

Is there a place where recent changes in TeX packages are documented ?

I ask that because since some times all my pdf produced files are unreadable
by people using Acrobat Reader, and even xpdf sends me insults about some
bad bounding box in Type 3 glyph (Error: Bad bounding box in Type 3 glyph).

I did not change any thing in my configuration. I just make some classical
upgrade for time to time (I use sid on a Mac Powerbook G4, for now I only use
teTeX).

My way of producing pdf files is using latex then dvips and then ps2pdf since
I always wants .ps AND .pdf file.

I am french and thus use some special characters coded in latin1 such as
accentuated letters or french quotation mark (« and »).

As for now when I dvips I used "-u +config.outline" but the config.outline
file disappear.

I have installed cm-super and cm-super-x11 but continue to have the same
problem.

Using pdffont on my pdf files report always Type 3 fonts.

Any idea ?

--
Dr Bruno Beaufils

bruno.beaufils@lifl.fr - http://www.lifl.fr/~beaufils
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
LIFL - UMR CNRS/USTL 8022 - Tel +33 3 20 43 45 04 - Fax +33 3 28 77 85 37
IUT "A" - Dpt Informatique - Tel +33 3 20 43 49 53 - Fax +33 3 20 43 41 73
CNRS CA : http://igc.services.cnrs.fr/CNRS-Standard/recherche.html
CRU CA : http://igc.cru.fr/cgi-bin/viewca