Re: questions regarding patch-src

frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) wrote:

> Ah, I didn't know this.

So many people 'typdef'ine their own boolean... glib has a gboolean for
that, etc.

> You mean, boolean will for sure be defined somewhere, and it doesn't
> matter which as long is the return value is 1?

Yes. In C, an integer expression is considered false if it is equal to
0, otherwise it is considered true. Since short, int and char are all
integer types (though char is not very often used for this purpose), a 1
considered as a short, an int or a char and used in a boolean expression
will be considered true.

>> In fact, things are a bit weird.

[...]

> Same in the new upstream sources.

OK...

> Strange, yes. Probably I should ask Olaf Weber.

Yes, why not. It might be that the function (either the one from
texk/dvipsk/writet1.c or the one from texk/web2c/pdftexdir/writet1.c) is
not absolute dead code: if a library is built from writet1.c (I didn't
check), there *might* be some code outside of tetex-bin that calls
t1_subset.

--
Florent