Re: latex "stymied" BINGO

From: "C.M. Connelly" <c@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: latex "stymied" BINGO
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:16:10 -0700

>     MF> that the latest release changed the search path?  How do I
>     MF> change my setup to first check the /usr/share stuff before
>     MF> the /usr/local/share stuff?
>
>     JG> Change this variable in your texmf.cnf file.  (And to find
>     JG> where that is, do a kpsewhich texmf.cnf.)
>
> Hmm.  Won't Mike actually have to modify /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF,

Yes, generally you are right but in his case there is a
possiblity that he has private/obsolete texmf.cnf under
/usr/local/share

I guess it might be better to remove /usr/local/share/web2c
at least.  /usr/local/{share,lib} will be place to hold
private macros or fonts in general, IMHO.

Best regards,		   2002.4.13

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.