Re: make-kpkg

P.S. There is a dpkg command to show you whioch package contanins
which file, but I am never able to remember that. I usualy do:

grep make-kpkg /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list

dpkg --search /path/to/somefile

dlocate indexes installed files, so it's much quicker: install dlocate, and use dlocate /path/to/somefile

auto-apt allows you to search the contents of an entire distribution, even if the packages aren't installed: install auto-apt, then auto-apt update, then auto-apt search path/to/file

(The leading slash in the path of that last one is intentionally missing.)

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078