Re: lm_sensors probs

Hi Gene,

Greetings;

On my emc machine, which has the bdi-4.20 based on debian with a 2.6.10 kernel installed, I'm trying to get gkrellm to show me the temps etc around the cpu. This will be important in my workshop as the box will sit rather high in an un-insulated, non-air conditioned building.

The mobo is a Mach-speed V4DP/V4DU/V2DP/V2DU series with a DX 1400 Athlon on it running at 1600, dead cool.

The chipset appears to be a VIA KM266Pro, with a VIA VT8235 Southbridge. There may also be a VIA VT82686 or similar chip for the i2c functions this needs.

When in the bios screens, there is a PC Health screen showing all this so I know its available. The bdi install seems to have installed suitable modules for all this stuff, but none of them are loaded.

There appears to not be a 'sensors-detect' type program in this release, and a 'sudo apt-get install lm_sensors' says it cannot be found. That would answer my questions I think, if it was part of debian.
The package is "lm-sensors" not "lm_sensors".
You need to be "root" to run "sensors-detect".

So, the 64 dollar questions are, what modules do I need to load to enable this display in gkrellm, and how do I make the loading of them permanent at boot time?

Modules needed vary according to motherboard and chipset best
to look up this info on the lm sensors web site etc.  But once you
can run install the package you should be able to make some
progress.

Best of luck,
Dale.