Re: horizontal lines flicker when I start X Dell Insprion 1100

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 10:28:45AM +0000, Christopher David Desjardins wrote:
> Hi, I am running Debian Sarge 3.1 on a Dell Inspiron 1100.  About 1 out
> of every 10 or so times I boot into X my computer crashes and horizontal
> lines flicker off and on on my computer screen.  Does anyone know why
> this would occur?  Have I not configured out correctly?  Anyone with a
> Dell Inspiron 1100 having a similiar problem and could you send me the
> info. you used to configure X?
Sarge isn't testing anymore, so this is the wrong list.

But, you might try XFree86 -configure to get the configuration.  After
doing that, I usually have to fiddle with the mouse device parameter
in the new file, and the resolution settings also.

Justin