error when performing apt-get upgrade

Hello,

I started receiving the following error message about a month ago when
performing an upgrade of my machine here at the office. I continue to
receive the error every time I try to upgrade and have not been able to
track down the reason. Any suggestions?

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/e2fsprogs_1
.24a-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 files list file for package `tk8.3' contains empty filename
 /var/cache/apt/archives/e2fsprogs_1.24a-1_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

Thanks,

Anthony