64bit vs 32bit debate

I've seen repeated discussion on this list about whether to build applications as 32bit or 64bit. (I've been guilty as well.)

There's an article that benchmarks some applications in both 32 bit and 64 bit on sparc/solaris here. The conclusions are the same as I have heard previously on the list - compile an app as 64 bit only if you need to.

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5768&page=1

Satadru