Re: unknown partition table

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:14:22AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

>>> Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
>>> /dev/sdb1             0      2733   2077080   fd  Linux raid autodetect
>>> /dev/sdb3             0      2733   2077080    5  Whole disk
>> Change that to be:
>> /dev/sdb1             1      2733   ???????   fd  Linux raid autodetect
>> /dev/sdb3             0      2733   2077080    5  Whole disk
>> The partition table lies in the first sector.

Ok - that helped. The raid arrays work now.

> And any self-respecting filesystem doesn't touch the first sector of the
> partition for that very reason. Unless Linux raid autodetect partitions
> are broken.

It has to be a (kernel) problem with raid autodetect because
/dev/sda1 also starts at cylinder 0 and that one always works.

Besides that there were always only two or three "broken" disks after
each reboot. Never all disks were screwed.

I'm the happy owner of a working sun now. Thanks.

--
mfg sven lankes              |  quidquid latine dictum sit,
megabit informationstechnik  |      profundum viditur