Re: Ben Collins' tftpboot.img and SunFire V880

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 06:02:01PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> Crappy. I bet it's just too darn big. If you have a CD burner, try the
> netinst.iso. I bet it'd work.

Finally got a chance to try this idea.  Got the netinst.iso.bz2 out of
current and burned a CD of it, tossed it in and did "boot cdrom"...
briefly saw SILO flash by then I got the
"Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 3.0!" screen, which made me happy.
Prematurely, alas, since either hitting enter or telling it "linux"
or "rescue" does this:

Remapping the kernel... done.

...and nothing.  Several minutes pass of nothing and I give up.

Any other thoughts? :/ I had really planned everything around using
Debian on this V880 as the primary machine for the department (hopefully
quite soon) and boy, is it not looking promising so far...

-R