Ben Collins' tftpboot.img and SunFire V880

Obligatory disclaimer:  I just joined this list.  I should've ages ago,
but naturally, I didn't until I had a problem.  I'll try not to be
stupid, and I have read the archives of the last few months. :)

I have a brand new SunFire V880 server, two 900MHz processors, 4G RAM,
6 72G HDs, and so on.  I am trying to boot the Debian install image via
TFTP (as I have done with such machines as Ultra 10 and SunBlade 100
with good success).  After quite a bit of struggle, I finally found Ben
Collins' post of Aug 19 about the UltraSparcIII+ files available at
http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/ and was quite
happy, except when booting it, I then got: Instruction Access Error

Bummer.

Here's my setup (with unnecessary details because better more than
too few).  An Enterprise 3000 is running tftpd against the directory
/tftpboot.  Here's the relevant bit of layout:

/tftpboot/:
   8B4E71B4@ (soft link to debian/sun4u-3plus-boot-img)
   debian/:
     sun4u-3plus-boot-img (tftpboot.img from the_above_URL/sun4u, dated
	                       Oct 5)

Obviously there's more, but that's the relevant bits.  The SunFire V880
is, of course, 139.78.113.180.  I boot it with "boot net" and I see:

Rebooting with command: boot net
Boot device: /pci@9,700000/network@1,1  File and args:
(number runs up for a while, then)
489800 Instruction Access Error
{2} ok

On a whim, I tried the Aug 19 tftpboot.img instead.  Same effect; I saw:

Rebooting with command: boot net
Boot device: /pci@9,700000/network@1,1  File and args:
(number runs)
256400 TILO
Selecting sun4u kernel...
Instruction Access Error
{2} ok

Anyone have any advice here?  Am I totally looking in the wrong
direction?

I should also note that I've already updated the firmware to current
(or, well, to 4.6.7, anyway, which I gathered was current).

Thanks for anything at all, including just reading,

Russ Smith
Senior System Manager, Oklahoma State University Computer Science
russ@cs.okstate.edu