Re: Problems installing Linux in Ultra Sparc III SunFire 280R

David S. Miller wrote:
   From: "Eduardo F. J. de Castro" <jucah@cpqd.com.br>
   Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:45:09 -0300
The SCSI controller is on the motherboard. On PCI slots there are only
   a Quad FastEthernet card and a RSC (Sun Remote System Control) card.
Btw, Solaris 8 is installed on the first disk (the other is still empty
   waiting for a Linux). So, I can get more information with Solaris if
   it helps. Just tell me what to look for.
The problem is that I'm %100 stumped. A 280R I had access to the
other week was identically configured, yet had Ultra_III+ cpus,
but worked flawlessly.

I really need to get a 280R of my own.

Thank you David. I'll continue trying and posting the results (good or bad)
on the list. I'll let you know about the results anyway.

Best regards,
Eduardo Castro
CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions
http://www.cpqd.com.br