Re: where can I download linux for sparc?

> BTW I downloaded redhat zoot-sparc.iso and my sparc10 cdrom cannot read
> it, said scsi device 6,0 is not responding. I guess may be it is not
> compatible.

Make sure your SPARC can boot from the CDROM before going any further. Be
positive you don't have a hardware problem, or you'll just be frustrated
for a long time.

Once all that's sorted, look up "jigdo" and go from there.
	http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd

A piece of advice about jigdo: ALWAYS choose an HTTP site, NEVER choose an
FTP site. I and at least one other person have bad experiences with wget
trying to get things from FTP sites. I could not get my Debian SPARC ISOs
built until I figured out this little idiosyncracy.

If you truly want to download an ISO, I think you have to settle for 2.x
(Potato?). Those are the only true ISOs I could find. All 3.x (Woody) was
in jigdo format, which appears to be The Way Of The Future.

Notice here:
	http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/jigdo

There's a "sparc" directory at the very bottom.

All this I found from debian.org following what I figured were obvious
links.

Enjoy,
--
Tim Ellis