Problems installing Linux in Ultra Sparc III SunFire 280R

Hi,

 I've tried to install Debian 3 in a SunFire 280R Utra Sparc-III
 with no success. I wonder if anybody can give me a hint?

 First problem occurred after the boot sequence started
 (prior to any installation), the process was interrupted
 complaining the absence of sparc64.gz.

 We tried /boot/sparc64 at lilo prompt to work around the problem.
 Then, the boot sequence dies right after "SCSI subsystem Revision 1.0"
 with message:

 "Error(0): Cheetah Error Trap...
  Highest Priority Error: Bus error response from system bus
  ...Panic Irreciverable deferred error trap."

  Other boot options (different than default) died with:

 "clock_probe: problem, cannot find bus to search"

 I have tracked down that message to arch/sparc64/kernel/time.c
 in function void __init clock_probe(void) . There, variable
 busnd is set to flag value -1 that indicates no bus found.

 Are there any success stories of debian-sparc instalation in the same hw ?
 Is there any story of simmilar failure in this or any other platform ?

 I gathered some extra info about SunFire 280R that might help judging
 compatibility:
  - I/O 40 Mbs Ultra SCSI (SCSI-3 synchronous)
  - Internal SCSI Fast/Narrow (with DVD support)
  - cpu clock 900 Mhz
  - 4 PCI buses 3 with 33MHz & 1 with (33|66) MHz
  - archtecture Superscalar Sparc v9
  - MMU with 64 I-TLB entries & 64 D-TLB entries
  - cache: 64 Kb (data) 32 Kb (instruction)

 Running probe SCSI at OpenBoot prompt gave me:
 LiD   HA    LUN   PortWWW           Disk Desc.
 0     0     0     21000004cf7f1021  Seagate ST336605FSUN366
 1     1     0     21000004cf7f1149           "

 Since I have not subscribed to this list, I kindly ask you to reply
 also to my personal address <rodsenra@gpr.com.br>.

 TIA

 regards,
 Senra