Installation problems onto Ultra1 of Debian/Woody

Hello,

I'm attempting to install Debian/Woody onto an UltraSparc1.

Problems occurred right from the outset.

1. "boot cdrom" brings up SILO w/ a "linux" and "rescue" option

2. picking "linux" or pressing ENTER (as it claims will start
installation) fails with "can't find /boot/sparc64.gz" or something almost
exactly like that.

3. picking "rescue" will start what appears to be a normal Debian
installation? (this is my first time installing Debian, sorry).

4. I partition my drive thusly:
	/dev/sda1   5-32      Boot
	/dev/sda2   33-200    Linux Swap
	/dev/sda3   0-8100    Whole disk
	/dev/sda4   201-8100  Linux native

5. I go through the installation, which seems to go well.

6. When I try to make a boot floppy, the whole machine locks up.

7. When I tell Debian to "Make system bootable" it "succeeds": ie: no
error, but on reboot, it complains:

	Boot device disk:a file and args:
	The file just loaded does not appear to be executable
	ok

8. When I try "rescue root=/dev/sda4" it never works. It just goes into
normal installation. /dev/sda4 is ext3 (ie: journalling) and I can mount
it during the installation.

Basically, I can't get anywhere after this. Everything I've tried comes to
no avail. The Debian SPARC installation guide seems to cover none of this,
so I may have done something stupid.

Help?

--
Tim Ellis