Re: 2.5.40 on Sunblade 100 (was Re: NCPFS, anyone?)

> As for 2.5.40 on Blade100, I just got a kernel built on mine, and I'm
> about to reboot myself.

Dave, looks like 2.5.40 has a byteswapping issue with the fonts on
framebuffer (maybe just a mach64 issue?). Not only that but it looks
like PCI isn't being probed correctly (lot of errors about unknown PCI
header). Maybe this is the reason the IDE isn't being probed?

On top of that, passing console=prom only works up to a certain point
after PCI probe where the mach64 framebuffer takes over forcibly.

I'm rebuilding without mach64 so I can see the messages a bit better.
Sucks that this blade is my desktop...keeps me from leaving it down for
too long :)

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/