Re: NCPFS, anyone?

> Yes, it is IDE-based.  Last I heard, Marcin Daleki stopped maintaining
> the 2.5 IDE code and the 2.5 series now uses the IDE logic from the
> 2.4 series.  Accordingly, IDE in 2.5 is reputed to be stable as it is
> in the 2.4 kernels.
>
> >  Maybe you can
> > turn off framebuffer support, and see how far it goes?
>
> I didn't realise I could do that.  I thought the frame buffer is
> mandatory.  Or is it only mandatory if I want to use X on it?

As a matter of fact I could never compile 2.4.19 or 2.5.3x with framebuffer
support -- my compile always ended with an error.  So I'm running my blade100
bufferless.  It works and I like the sunos-like black text on white
background more than the white-on-black that the framebuffer uses.

Any way to tell the framebuffer to reverse fg and bg?  I guess I ought to
RTFM, but since I have the podium .... :-)

Thanks,
IvanK.