Re: Does STOP+A really work on the Sunblade 100?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:05:24PM -0600, Alvaro Figueroa wrote:
> > I would like to the escape to the boot prompt using the STOP+A key
> > combination on my Sunblade 100 with its USB keyboard.  Unfortunately,
> > all I manage to do is freeze the machine so badly that it needs to be
> > power-cycled.  I have looked in the debian-sparc archives and on Google
> > for references to this key combination, and all I get are messages about
> > how to break out of the Sun boot sequence.
>
> Its a usb interface thing. I've asked David Miller about that at the
> vger lkml, and he said that he didn't know if he will ever fix it.
>
> > Does STOP+A really work for sparc64 2.4.17 kernels?
>
> Yeap. I've done it with ultra5s, and an ultra1.
>
> > And if so, does typing "go" get you back to Linux without a problem?
>
> Noup.

Uh, yes it does get you back without a problem. I hit stop-a all the
time to get info, and drop back to linux afterwards.

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '