Does STOP+A really work on the Sunblade 100?

I would like to the escape to the boot prompt using the STOP+A key
combination on my Sunblade 100 with its USB keyboard.  Unfortunately,
all I manage to do is freeze the machine so badly that it needs to be
power-cycled.  I have looked in the debian-sparc archives and on Google
for references to this key combination, and all I get are messages about
how to break out of the Sun boot sequence.

Does STOP+A really work for sparc64 2.4.17 kernels?

Can anyone else with a Sunblade 100 hit the break-out sequence without
freezing up their machine?

And if so, does typing "go" get you back to Linux without a problem?

--
Erik Rossen                         ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen@freesurf.ch                 /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the