Re: Sun Support for Linux

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> I guess I'm just confused.  Say again why anyone is waiting for a
> Sun version of Linux for SPARC?  Debian and others work pretty
> well.
But it would really help if the support would not say:

   "Oh, you are running Linux on your Sparc machine.  This is
    your own problem.  Full stop."

I recommend everybody to avoid mentioning Linux in case of hardware
trouble.  I had to fight against several support members to clarify
that the same problem even was reproducable under Solaris because
their database showed the entry Linux for my box.

Kind regards

         Andreas.