Re: nfs problem w/debian potato

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 08:48:54AM -0800, John Mastrolia wrote:
> Basically, I'm trying to mount a nfs partition exported from a
> Solaris 2.7 box (using both v2 and v3 nfs) and get a panic error
> that freezes the local workstation.  Could someone point me to the
> document that points out the errors of my ways?
>
> mount -t nfs -o tcp,defaults,bg,soft <hostname>:/var/mail /var/mail
>
> or in /etc/fstab
>
> <hostname>:/var/mail /var/mail nfs defaults,tcp,bg,soft 0 0

Well, I mount NFS partitions under woody from Solaris, so I'll
mention a couple of things that you might want to try.

First, are you sure that you have the proper nfs packages
installed? Check by typing "dpkg -l nfs-client" .

Next, try mounting the partition with fewer options.  For a first
try, just use the defaults.  If that works, add back in your
options one by one and see what happens.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley@fields.space.umn.edu |