Re: Numerous getty errors appearing in /var/log/messages

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:51:59PM -0000, Chris Mason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this has been mentioned in the last few weeks, well I assume it
> was relating to this.  Recently I noticed that /var/log/auth.log was
> growing rather quickly.  On looking at this file I notice records which
> looks like this:

Edit /etc/inittab, and find the console getty lines. Comment them out,
and then type "init q" to trigger init to reread the file.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '