Re: Harddisc formating

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:02:07AM +0100, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

> > > Hi Ben,
> > >
> > > following things:
> > >
> > > logged in via gdm as user into gnome
> > > opend a gnome-terminal
> > > typed 'su -'
> > > then
> > > 'fdisk /dev/hdb'
> > > typed 'o' (kernel does handle it)
> > > maked some partitions:
> >
> > Try logging in as root on the terminal. I bet you are getting bitten by
> > some sort of ulimit. Either that or in gnome-terminal:
> >
> > exec /bin/login
>
> hi,

There's has to be something odd here. There's no way this can happen
under normal circumstances.  What version of e2fsprogs do you have
installed (dpkg -l e2fsprogs)?

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '